Friday, September 23, 2005

Letting Me Hang Around

If it's true that people form opinions on you based on the company you keep, then the current issue of the Edison Literary Review is going to have to go on my resume right away. My little effort, "The Good Thing About Rain" is mingling alongside poems by Laure-Anne Bosselaar, Kurt Brown, and BJ Ward -- Laura Boss, Therese Halscheid and Peter Murphy -- 50 pages of strong efforts, mostly by poets within commuting distance of the industrial belly of New Jersey.

I can't wholeheartedly direct you to this year's Harvest of Poetry, the annual reading by poets represented in this issue, because I have a pretty fine event running opposite it, but I can encourage you to buy a copy of ELR.

1 comment:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Hi David,

First, congrats on your poem! You're in with great company.

Second-- Your review on the BC review made me smile. I loved that this was in the original review: "I have a mad, albeit intellectual, crush on ... Billy Collins..." No bias here. ;-)

Take care,
Kelli

who has the first BC CD- best cigarette....