Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Writing Resolutions

I know, I know, 8th of March resolutions should have just as much weight. But you know they don't. Here's what I'm planning for myself. Feel free to ask me anytime how they're going. After Valentine's Day, of course. Give me time to develop some momentum...
  1. Keep 2 submissions pending at all times.
  2. Touch my drafts and revisions folder twice a month.
  3. Do a writing exercise once a week.
  4. Get my Poets-in-the-Schools application completed by January 31. Actually submit it this year.
  5. Incorporate the feedback I've already received on the daughter poems project. Get more feedback. Submit it again.
  6. Read one new book of poems every month. Reread one old book of poems every month.

What are you holding yourself accountable to in the new year?

No comments: